I was so full of thoughts last evening and this morning its all a little quiet. There is a continuing sense of calm. Some of it credited to the glorious sacrifices made by Daniel Agger and Spuds United to keep gooners happy.
What I do remember of course that it was a terribly hot day. Even pictures in the Sun today demonstrate it with a gasping Diaby, commendably still standing, but unfortunately without the awesomely cold beer that I was holding.
Further than that there is not much to remember. And even if there is, you ideally want to read it on Arseblog. Not here. What I can recount is reasons where I drank with cheer, and the oh-no sips which I took hiding behind me beer.
1. First game
2. Clean sheet
4. New boys, and the genius of Cazorla. (Learn pronunciation here. Click on the speaker icon)
5. Walcott not behaving like
a dick Song without a contract.
6. Vermaelen not pretending to be Christopher Columbus.
7. Referee not giving away some imaginary penalty to ruin a perfectly ordinary afternoon.
8. Passing accuracy of the team, and mostly doing it in the opponents half.
9. The cuteness of the short Russian & the acuteness of the tall German.
10. The omission of a certain welshman from the starting line-up. There is a god!
When beer tasted like salty horsepiss:
Actually none. Ok may be I am little too forgiving, or may be it was just the first game. Barring Gervinho’s meaningless dance around 2 defenders. Its the same boring routine and more often than not counts for jack+jack-jack/jackxjack^jack. I hope Poldi gets his spot and Giroud gets his start (Ok this is one rhyme too many already).
Like most gooners I wish for the day when Cazorla & Wilshere are seen in the park together. (I hope Arshavin does not join, or else it could be really awkward for Mertesacker). Like most gooners I hope to see Sagna & Koscienly back. No rocket science right? So then you must also agree that a hangover is best cured by another beer. At least the little-boy-inside-me wants it. Let me try it at least.
*PS: Sadly there is no song about a hangover, or any hangover about a Song.